“Be yourself before you forget who you really are” David Cuschieri
We tend to live to other people’s expectations, afraid of criticism and judgement, doing what others expect us to do; hiding who we are, our aspirations and attributes. However, when you decide to embrace who you are, accepting your flaws and virtues, knowing that you are a work in progress, your approach to life and life’s experiences changes and you begin to experience the benefits that being yourself brings to you.
According to my experience and that of my clients, some of these benefits include:
- You’ll be happier. When you’re at peace with yourself, you’re more present, you notice and enjoy the small details in your daily life and as a consequence, you’ll feel happier, more joyful.
- You’ll reconnect with your dreams. Being yourself you’ll reconnect with your creativity, passion and dreams, which will allow you to define your purpose, you’ll have a sense of direction and begin to live each day feeling inspired and doing more of what brings meaning and joy to your life.
- You’ll find focus and direction. When you stay true to whom you are and what you want, you’ll know your priorities, what you want to accomplish and how to get it; you’ll stay focused, as you know what direction you’re going to.
- You’ll not have to prove yourself. When you know who you are and what you stand for, you live in alignment with your values and beliefs; therefore, impressing others is not relevant to you and you have nothing to prove to others.
- Your confidence will show. When you love who you are and accept yourself as you are, confidence shows up. You’ll be more authentic, that confidence will bring more success and confidence to your life and in consequence your confidence will keep growing.
- You’ll attract people who respect you. When you like yourself, other people will like you too. When you’re aligned with yourself, you give those around you the opportunity to know and like the real you, so those who stay close to you will accept and respect you, as you are.
- You’ll inspire others. By being yourself and expressing your opinions, you can inspire other people who may need it, becoming an agent of change and inspiring transformation in those around you.
These are just some of the many benefits of being yourself, living by your values and truth and having a clear direction for your life.
Let’s have a chat if you want some help reconnecting with your purpose, values and passion and create a life that’s rewarding and joyful.